Corinne's Decadent Chocolate Brownies

If you were with us yesterday and read the comments left,
you would have already noted and tested out the recipe that my friend Corinne left for us.
The lil' farm hand and his Mommy were over and we set to work preparing a batch for your viewing pleasure.

Corinne, has not a blog of her own but she has left such sweet comments on mine and I've noticed she has left some on a few others as well. You finally get to meet her. . .
I first met Corinne when we worked at a Doctors office together.
She was the main receptionist and well .. . I was her sidekick a few days a week.
I've always loved her natural kind interest in our lives. . .
she is a wonderful mom to four kids and she loves her hubby dearly.
Now, this is something new for you .. .
My sweet assistant is doing the photography for your amusement.
We were busy watching the food channel and it seemed rather fitting that we were watching this southern gal put together her recipe. . .
she isn't exactly known for low fat, high fibre fare.
We felt that we would fit in perfectly with today's Brownie recipe.Having a photographer seemed like such a fun idea. . .
until I looked at the pictures later. . .
yikes. . .
if there was a bad side that you hadn't seen before. .
my sweet assistant .. .
well, she found it.
I cropped my arm. . .
am I vain or what?
That my friends, is the 2 cups of brown sugar that you will need.
I'm not even going to pretend that this is good for anything but pure enjoyment.


As I was saying. .. . .
my sweet assistant and I worked diligently to offer up shots that have never seen before.

All you need is a bowl, a decent whisk and some muscle.


I told my sweet assistant that this would be going straight to my hips .. . .

It even smelled rich .. .

This is something never captured before. .
I did this shot just for you. . .
and yes .. .
it tasted delectable.
You must try it . .. .
Thank you Corinne.
I cut the recipe in half from what she posted in the comments yesterday.

3/4 cup butter. . .melted
1/2 cup cocoa
2 cups brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup flour
Stir the cocoa into the melted butter
Stir the brown sugar in the the butter/cocoa
Stir in the beaten eggs
Stir in the vanilla
Stir in the flour
Spread into a well greased pan 9 X 13 .. (I was a little light with my Pam and it stuck a bit)
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Enjoy my friends.. .
I'm off for a walk .. . . or two.

Comments

  1. You have no idea how much I LOVE brownies! Thanks for the reicpe it has been copied and pasted for future use. Future, like this afternoon! LOL

    Blessings

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...YUM.

    I think Doc will be asking for this later today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're as cute as a button! No need to crop or be concerned.

    That recipe looks wonderful and I do hope to give it a whirl some day soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm mm - they look like mine - the only difference is one more egg and white sugar. I'll give them a try.

    Paula Deen - my husband loves her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brownies...that look good enough to eat! Chocolate is never my first choice...but I have a lot of chocolate lovers that eat at my table...so thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you're not vain for cropping your arm. Just human ( I just wish I could crop things off my body for good!) - however I agree with Vee, you are too cute!

    Thanks for the recipe..I'm out of cocoa but as soon as I get some I will be sure to whip up a batch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK I'M DROOLING NOW.......LOL
    WHAT DO YOU MEAN A BAD SIDE....YOU TAKE A GREAT PIC NO MATER WHAT SIDE OF THE CAMERA YOU ARE ON.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks to two beautiful women, Corinne and Lovella for sharing the brownie recipe. My family will love it..true Lovella this one's for enjoyment only.
    Paula Deen..love watching and listening to her. She does use a LOT of butter!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i personally think that you should hire your sweet assistant to take the photos for all of your recipe blogs!

    p.s. nearly every picture of myself that i post is cropped :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmmmm mmmm good. I am always 'up' for another brownie recipe....another good reason to get out that chocolate.

    Thanks and great shots. Lucky you that you had an assistant....that way you had a hand to lick those beaters...just like the good old days.

    ReplyDelete
  11. There's not a woman alive that doesn't love chocolate. These look amazingly delicious....Love Paula on the television :) nice touch...

    You made me laugh Lovella...looks like you both were having so much fun...a yummy post!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are making me hungry for chocolate!! What a wonderful post and time you shared...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Okay Lovella...not really related to anything...but you are SO cute. So photogenic and such a blessing...!

    hugs
    Kimmie
    mama to 6
    one homemade and 5 adopted

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for sharing the recipe. I have a pan baking in the oven right now and it smells wonderful! I sprinkled some chocolate chips over the brownies for that extra choco-kick. Taking them to my knit-night tonight :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you!